Here is how to install Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11 Dev or stable and run Android applications on it. Earlier this month, Microsoft launched Windows Subsystem for Android on Beta versions of Windows 11, allowing users to install and run Android apps on PCs. For some reason, Windows Subsystem for Android is not available in the Dev channel, where Microsoft tests new features before shipping them to the public. Still, enthusiasts managed to find a way to install Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 Dev or Stable builds.
All you need to do is to download the msixbundle file for WSA and install it using PowerShell. This process must be already familiar to Windows 10 users. The latest OS didn’t bring anything new to the msix manual installation.
It is worth mentioning that Microsoft does not support the method described below, which means you do it at your own risk.
Install WSA in Windows 11 Dev or Stable Builds
- Go to the rg-adguard.net website and switch the first drop-down to Prodctid.
- Next, paste in the search field the following identification: 9p3395vx91nr.
- Select Slow from the next drop-down, then click the button with a checkmark icon.
- Scroll down the list and find the MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.7.32815.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle link. It is the largest file on the list, weighing approximately 1.2GB.
- Click the link to download the file.
- Once Windows finishes downloading the WSA file, right-click the Start menu button and select Windows Terminal (Admin).
- Enter the following command: CD PATH. Replace PATH with a full path to the previously downloaded msixbundle file. Here is an example: CD C:\Users\Taras\Downloads. Tip: You can copy the path of a file by right-clicking it and selecting Copy as Path.
- Now execute the following command: Add-AppxPackage “MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.7.32815.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle”.
- Wait for Windows 11 to install Windows Subsystem for Android. Once the process finishes, launch Amazon App Store from the Search or Start.
You are done!
You can now sign in with an Amazon account to install Android apps on your Windows 11 PC. Alternatively, you can sideload APK files that are not available in the Amazon App Store. Note that not all Android apps work on Windows 11. You can track compatible apps with a page on GitHub.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won’t take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!