Have you ever felt lost among the competitors, trying to get the attention of your potential customers? You are not alone. Even big brands struggle to establish themselves as trusted experts in their niche.
Why do you think brands spend billions of dollars on advertising each year? However, online authority marketing levels the field for the small guy. It gives small businesses and startups an equal chance to compete. So why not benefit from it? Keep on reading to find out how authority marketing can act to your advantage.
- 1 What is Brand Authority Marketing?
- 2 How can small businesses gain from Authority Marketing?
- 3 How to Use Authority Marketing to Your Advantage
- 4 Summing Up
What is Brand Authority Marketing?
When you are searching for any service, you are likely to not look beyond the first page on the search engine.
Because people’s search and relevance have made those websites rank higher. This automatically makes those websites more trustworthy.
Authority marketing is the process of establishing your brand authority. This establishes you as a superstar in your niche, and you become more recognizable to your audience.
How can small businesses gain from Authority Marketing?
People’s trust in your expertise is the determiner for the authority you have. Did you know that 56% of B2B marketers prioritize establishing authority above all?
It is not only beneficial for established brands, though. Even small businesses and individuals benefit from gaining authority in their respective fields.
Enhanced Brand Value
The funny thing about authority marketing is that it is the goal and the solution. Establishing your business as an authority has a significant impact on how people perceive your brand.
Think of your business and the locality where you want to establish your authority. Now imagine the impact it could have on your company if the people there started to put more value and trust in your brand! Such is the power of authority marketing.
Better Lead Generation
Did you know that 85% of businesses gain potential customers from just referrals alone? When people hold high regard for your expertise, they are likely to recommend you. But that’s only one part of the picture.
No longer do you have to invest time and effort in chasing leads. With an established authority, you can expect the prospects coming up to you. By confirming your business authority, you gain the status of a celebrity in your field.
No Need for Expensive Marketing Tactics
Whether you are a startup, influencer, or a small business, spending on expensive marketing tactics may not be workable for you. Here’s the good news! With an established authority marketing, you no longer need external tactics.
You are far ahead of your competition when you have successfully established yourself as an authority in any niche. Thus, you are likely to get a lot more business organically for being a trusted source.
Your Business Becomes a Reliable Source
In the words of Gary Vaynerchuck, “Trust is on the rise because transparency is on the rise.” This is a huge advantage of authority marketing. Making people aware of your business is half the battle won, but you also need to earn their trust.
For this, you need to do two things, be transparent and provide value. Valuable content, whether in the form of information or expert tips, will gain a lot of engagement. You will reap the benefits when you focus less on yourself and more on the people. This may take some time to show results, but the loyalty will be for a lifetime.
Improved SEO and Social Media
Valuable content has the power to bring recognition from search engines and social media. You just need to ensure that you serve the right niche and earn your audience’s faith and respect.
By earning the trust of your target audience, you gain the confidence of search engines like Google as well. That will also have a significant increase in your social media following. The only catch is that you have to invest ample time and effort. But compared to high-budget advertisements, the return is much greater and more authentic.
How to Use Authority Marketing to Your Advantage
In the words of Adam Witty, the CEO of Advantage Media Point, there are 7 key factors for establishing a solid authority in any industry.
They are as follows:
- Content marketing
- Lead generation
- Referral marketing
- Public relations
- Speaking engagements
- Public appearances at events
The question is, how do you implement it? While doing this, there are a few basics that you need to keep in mind.
Be Simple and Precise
You need to provide your value to your customers, period. It could be offering them some original research on the matters that will be useful to them or just checking in with a call. Moreover, you need to prioritize creating valuable content for the customers.
- Keep your website up-to-date with the latest and relevant information. For this investing in some quality copy-writing will be helpful.
- Focus on offering solutions to the pain points of your target audience. Gradually, this will make them trust your opinions more.
- You can also leverage guest posts to extend your help further. Make sure to be as precise in your statements as possible and focus on high-quality always.
- Always have a strong call-to-action at the end of every blog, social media post, and any engagement in general. This will also help your customers refer you to others.
Strategic Marketing in the Right Direction
Shift your focus to the right places based on your target audience. Being picky about where to network and targeting the right demographic can pay off really well.
- If you are using social media, then focus on where your target audience is active. Not all platforms are made alike. For example:
- If your target audience is between 25 and 34 years of age, you should be on Facebook and Instagram.
- If your brand caters to kids, then focus more on TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube shorts.
- If company CEOs are your target, then LinkedIn is the place to be.
- To focus on technology. Substack is the right place to be.
- Utilize networks where the content demand is huge but supply is minimal. Platforms like LinkedIn, YoutTube shorts, and TikTok has the market but not enough content. So, capitalize on that imbalance.
- Engage with your competitors via Twitter chat or on Quora. When you put your valuable remarks on their posts, their audiences can get hooked to you.
- Take advantage of influencers through various tactics, like affiliate marketing. It will get you a new insight into your potential customers while expanding your marketing horizon.
- Radio shows and podcasts are gaining a lot of popularity and are one of the futures of marketing. Participate or conduct one yourself and talk about your brand and its products/services.
- You can publish a book like Salesforce CEO Mark Benioff to establish your authority in your niche. Ebooks and Kindle are other great options too.
Find Your Voice
Gary Vaynerchuck, the social media stalwart and 5x NY Times bestselling author, emphasizes finding “your own personal DNA.” That is because brand authority is more than just metrics. It’s how people feel about your brand’s expertise and reliability within the industry.
- Conduct online polls and use the data to understand your audience better.
- Engage actively with them on social media and not just like their comments.
- Try to genuinely be helpful to your target market and offer practical and original solutions.
- Appear in public speaking events, like TEDx and TED Talk, and offer your valuable guidance to those in need.
- Promotional emails about an offer on your site or newsletters that offer value to consumers can also be a great tool.
- Build a community on your preferred platform, where people can share their problems relevant to your niche and help each other out.
For any business, authority marketing is the most effective way of establishing brand authority in any domain. For this, you need to be completely transparent and genuinely want to help your target market.
For small businesses, it means more than just focusing on SEO and promotional offers. Sure, those are important as well, but ask yourself this. What value are you bringing to your audience?
Use social media, email marketing, and talk marketing not just to promote but to engage with your potential customers actively. Your goal is to be a reliable expert on your niche. When you give value, you shall receive.
If you had felt you didn’t stand a chance with the big brands, authority marketing could be a game-changer. Therefore, take action right away, offer value, engage, and start caring about your customers.